I LOVE a simple easy go to routine for my curly hair and I have finally found one. This routine is as simple as it’s gonna get. It may not work for all hair types and textures but changing some things around here and there can definitely help out with your routine. I’d say the most helpful tip I can give you is to style your curls when it is drenching wet. I like to call “very wet hair” a FRIZZ FREE ZONE. It’s the best time to introduce all the products you need to lay out the foundation of your curls. I wanted to share with you lovely ladies how easy and fast it can be to get awesome curls with some basic products!
- Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo & Conditioner
- Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Leave In Moisturizer
- Carol’s Monoi Anti-Breakage Spray
- DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
- Cleanse hair with Shampoo
- Follow with Conditioner
- Rinse out ALL of Conditioner out
- Leave hair soaking wet
- Apply about a quarter size of gel evenly throughout your hair
- Then generously spray the moisturizer as well as the anti-breakage spray (all these products will marry together in your hair creating the BEST foundation for long lasting CURLS)
- This step is VERY IMPORTANT; Use a cotton shirt or a micro-fiber towel to dry the hair. The best method is to bring all of your hair forward and squeeze the water out in upward motions.
- At this point, you most likely have damp hair (and that’s OK!). On this step you can either defuse your hair dry OR you can allow it to air dry.
- After a couple of hours (it varies with everyone), you will have AMAZING curls to go!
You can also WATCH this tutorial to see how I do it myself. ENJOY Beautiful!